Monday, January 29, 2007

Old Friendly

Sarah D’s Notes in Margin:

L. Butcher, I Stanton and Paul Little Flowers come in on chorus.
Monkhouse with ax.

"Chop-chop at the door
And the hatchet
Chips the timber, splits the door
There in his storm trooper’s hat
Old Friendly
Looks down at my cat

I know it’s no use to inquire,
Old Friendly’s just dropped by
To make you a fire

He’s gonna make you a real friendly fire

He chops up the door
He piles up the wood
In the middle of the floor
He chucks on the stripper
He takes out his Zippo -"

Ghost of Allen throws a look across
At F. Amiss whose eyebrow hangs over a flaming spliff.

To chuckles Allen goes on

"The fire runs up the curtains
And so does my cat
It takes out the settee
My favourite poster
Of Mohammed (Wait a beat)Ali

Now my house is burning
Down at the bar
Old Friendly
Takes off his Storm-trooper Hat
He sits with his pals
Over a few friendly jars"

Band raise pints to Old Friendly.

Amid wild clapping and hooting,

Monkhouse swipes spliff

And runs off to leave F Amiss

Holding ax

in eyebrow shaping confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home